Monday, March 2, 2009

Sew what?



This is my brand-spanking new sewing machine: a Pfaff 1132 that I got on sale this weekend at the 2009 Sewing Expo in Puyallup, Wa.

I've been wanting a sewing machine for many years now so, as a Christmas present, Ivan purchased a Bernina 830 Record for me off of eBay. Unfortunately, it turned out to have mechanical problems that 2 different repair shops deemed "unrepairable". Disappointed, we decided that I should go ahead and purchase a 'beginners' machine for around $200 that I can learn on. When I found this Pfaff at the Expo, I jumped on it. Pfaff has a good reputation and I think it will serve me well as I brush-up on my machine skills. (I learned how to sew on my mothers old Singer. A machine that was once powered by a treadle/foot pedal and was later 'electrified').

I've nearly finished cleaning and organizing our office, so I will soon be able to sit down and learn what the Pfaff can do. On the short list of projects to attempt this spring are:

1) Roman blinds for the office
2) 1 or more pairs of comfy pants for Ivan
3) skirts for me
4) pillows for the office couch
5) floor pillows for the living room.

1 comment:

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

I look forward to seeing what you and your Pfaff will create. You are going to love your new machine!